Residential Property Info Map

Property Information Map

This NEW interactive map provides common details on properties within CVR.  Property Information Map

*The photos are copyright protected by the County of Vermilion River.  The photos are ortho corrected and cannot be used for legal survey measurements.


Assessment Reports:

The assessment department has made assessment reports available on-line.  You may view these reports for any property in the county.  The reports can be found by clicking here.

The reports available to the public are

  • Land report (for farmland parcels, this report shows the arable vs pasture acres, the corresponding CLI rating for each field within the parcel, and the total assessed value of the farmland)

  • Assessment summary report (this report shows a summary of each assessment including the site area, the amount of farmland (if applicable), the type and size of buildings assessed to the parcel, and the total assessed value of the parcel)

Please click on the link above and follow the prompts.  You will be required to insert either a roll number, an address, or a legal description in order to view the reports.


Rural Addressing

CVR introduced the Rural Addressing system in 2015.  This standardized system identifies and locates rural properties based on standards set by Alberta Municipal Affairs and will be consistent with other rural municipalities across Alberta.

Rural Addresses have been assigned for all residences and separate commercial buildings.  First and foremost, this new address will be used by the 911 system to more easily and quickly locate your property in the event of an emergency.  It may also assist utility companies, couriers and visitors in finding your residence or business.


Step 1: Identifying Addresses

Rural addresses are based on the location of the PRIMARY access to a residence or business along a road allowance.

  1. Every mile is divided into 40 metre sections
  2. Those sections increase from South to North and from East to West
  3. Even numbers are along North and West sides
  4. Odd numbers are along South and East sides
  5. If the Primary Access is off a Township Road, then you refer to the road to the east
  6. If the Primary Access is off a Range Road, then you refer to the road to the south
  7. There are virtual township roads between all sections, whether an actual road allowance exists or not  




Step 2: Sign Installation

CVR and/or our contractor must install the signs as per identified standards.  Landowners are not permitted to install the signs themselves.  By default, signs will be installed on the South/East side of your driveway unless conditions exist that dictate otherwise.


Frequently Asked Questions

Is a Rural Address the same as a Mailing Address?

No, they are two different addresses.  This program will not change your Canada Post address for your mail.

What is the difference between a Legal Land Location and the Rural Address?
The Legal Land Location identifies the property location on a specific quarter section.  The Rural Address shows the ACCESS to the property off a road allowance – this is very important for emergency services to actually get to your residence/business.

Who will have access to my Rural Address?
CVR assigns and maintains the Rural Addresses.  They are shared with 911 and Emergency Responders.  You can provide your Rural Address to potential couriers, utility companies, visitors as you see fit etc.

What should I do with the Rural Address?
Memorize it, Post it in your home, Educate your family members.  If you need to call 911, you will give the dispatcher your Rural Address.

Is it Mandatory?
Yes, CVR requires all developed rural properties with an inhabited residence or business to have a Rural Address and appropriate signage. All new developments will be required to pay an appropriate fee to have a sign installed.

Any Further Questions or Concerns can be directed to:
the Planning & Community Services CVR office:  780-846-2244




Related Links