Prevent accidents by calling Alberta One-Call prior to digging at 1-800-242-3447.
There is no Cost to you for using this service.
“One click costs you nothing; not clicking could cost you everything”
Damage to any underground facility not only can be costly but also deadly.
- All requests for locates regarding County of Vermilion River Gas Lines must be placed through ALBERTA ONE-CALL.
- Alberta One-Call requires notification two full working days notice prior to any ground disturbance.
- No Ground Disturbance can be started without consent from the facilities owner.
- Any damage done to unmarked pipelines is the responsibility of the party doing the ground disturbance and may be held financially and legally responsible.
- All gas lines including secondary residential lines are the responsibility of the County. A third party may locate the gas lines but the County Gas Utility must be notified to confirm existing pipelines.
- Any ground disturbance within one meter of a gas line must be exposed with an approved method of excavation, either hydrovac or hand digging.
Pictures of damage from gas line ruptures