Annual Gravel Sale 

The County holds an annual gravel sale every August for County ratepayers. More information will be released closer to the date of the sale. Ratepayers are responsible for arranging their own hauling of the gravel and it must be paid for by cheque at the pit on the day of the sale. 


Gravel Sale Locations (Hines Pit and Haan Pit):




The County has 16 full-time grader beats covering approximately 90 to 100 miles each. Each grader is responsible for 10 to 12 miles per day with the following guidelines: maintain a 4" crown, do not leave windrows, remove large rocks, feather gravel evenly. The frequency that roads are graded is based on traffic volume, but may vary with necessity. 

Visit our real time map of all ongoing gravelling. 


Please report any concerns regarding any municipal road conditions to our Public Works team by phone at 780.846.3309, by email at, or by the Report a Concern.

If you have a concern regarding a provincial highway (Highway 16, Highway 41, Highway 45, Secondary Highway 893, Secondary Highway 897, Secondary Highway 619, Highway 631, Highway 641, etc.) please contact Alberta Transportation. 

Related Links