Public Works

Gravel, Dust Control & Road Projects Map 

Click here to view a real time map of all ongoing Gravelling, Dust Control, and Road Projects. 


*The maps provided on this website for review are intended for general information only. The County of Vermilion River makes no representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information presented. 


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) 

Q) Does the County sell culverts (new or used)? 

A: No, the County does not sell culverts. 

Q) Does the County sell gravel? 

A: Yes, the County sells gravel to ratepayers only at our Annual Gravel Sale. Find more details here. 

Q) Why haven't I received dust control in front of my house yet? 

A: You must call our Public Works team (780.846.3309) to request dust control before June 30 of the current year. Dust control must be requested annually. 

Q) How much does my Country Residential Agriculture Permit cost? 

A: This permit is free of charge. 

Q) Do I have to have a specific route listed to get my gravel delivered with my Country Residential Agriculture Permit? 

A: The only roads that need to be listed on your permit are the roads to get you from your home quarter to the closest highway. 

Q) How long is my permit good for? 

A: Permits are valid for the calendar year and expire on December 31.