Economic News & Events
- The Alberta HUB, the regional economic development alliance of Northeast Alberta has been named as one of the top 20 "Canada's Best Locations" by Site Selection Magazine. Read the article here (Sept '20)
- Alberta Government announced that Lakeland College will receive $17.3 million in capital maintenance and renewal funds to invest in the WHT Mead Animal Science Centre. Read more HERE (Aug 5, '20)
- Agri-News - Government of Alberta Newsletter lists upcoming events for agricultural producers
UPCOMING EVENTS & WEBINARS
- Growing opportunities for Alberta Hemp Webinar Jan 27, 2021 This event will provide attendees an update on hemp agronomy, post-harvest crop management, processing andmarket outlook.
- The Business Link offers many free webinars which give small business owners the opportunity to learn, network and share ideas. to watch live, or you can view past ones HERE
- Land Inventory: Are you open to the potential of selling your land? We are developing a land inventory of industrial, commercial, and agriculture land that site selectors and developers can access as part of their search process, allowing us to respond quickly to development inquiries. If you are a landowner that would like to register your land for this program, please complete the form or contact our Economic Development Officer for more details.