Economic News & Events
- May 9-15, 2021 was International Economic Development Week. Read more HERE about Alberta's involvement.
- Community Futures and the CDEA have partnered to build the Alberta iMarket – a regional online marketplace that gives our rural small businesses the opportunity and the support to pivot to the world of online selling. This platform is unique in that it is available for products, services, events, experiences – really, anything! one-on-one onboarding support for vendors. The costs are $20 a month and will be used to maintain the system and provide marketing support. This is a non-profit, grassroots initiative to provide real support to our local economy. To find out more about selling on the Alberta iMarket visit www.albertaimarket.com or contact Community Futures in Lakeland or Lloydminster.
- The Alberta HUB, the regional economic development alliance of Northeast Alberta has been named as one of the top 20 "Canada's Best Locations" by Site Selection Magazine. Read the article here (Sept '20)
- Alberta Government announced that Lakeland College will receive $17.3 million in capital maintenance and renewal funds to invest in the WHT Mead Animal Science Centre. Read more HERE (Aug 5, '20)
- Agri-News - Government of Alberta Newsletter lists upcoming events for agricultural producers
UPCOMING EVENTS & WEBINARS
- Rural economic development engagement - Albertans are invited to share their thoughts on ways to promote economic development in rural Alberta through an online survey from October 27 - December 18, 2021. Take the survey here.
- The Business Link offers many free webinars which give small business owners the opportunity to learn, network and share ideas. to watch live, or you can view past ones HERE.
- Click HERE to see current land listings in the County of Vermilion River
- Are you open to the potential of selling your land? We are developing a land inventory of industrial, commercial, and agriculture land that site selectors and developers can access as part of their search process, allowing us to respond quickly to development inquiries. If you are a landowner that would like to register your land for this program, please complete the form or contact our Economic Development Officer for more details.
CONTACT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT:
Economic Development Officer
(780) 846-2244 Economicdevelopment@county24.com