Economic News & Events
- The Alberta HUB, the regional economic development alliance of Northeast Alberta has been named as one of the top 20 "Canada's Best Locations" by Site Selection Magazine. Read the article here (Sept '20)
- Alberta Government announced that Lakeland College will receive $17.3 million in capital maintenance and renewal funds to invest in the WHT Mead Animal Science Centre. Read more HERE (Aug 5, '20)
- Agri-News - Government of Alberta Newsletter lists upcoming events for agricultural producers
UPCOMING EVENTS & WEBINARS
- Expanding Your Agriculture Horizons: Trade and Logistics on-line workshop 27 Oct, 2020 with Alberta Agriculture and Forestry. Free event. Info on exporting, transportation, market opportunities and connections.
- BDC Small Business Week 18-24th Oct, 2020. Webinars under the theme of "Forging the way ahead"
- Exit Planning 101 Masterclass -16 week online program hosted by Community Futures to help through the journey toward a sale and learn how to prepare yourself and your business to be operated by a successor.
- Organic Connections Virtual Conference 5,6 Nov, 2020. Western Canada's Largest Organic Conference
- Land Inventory: Are you open to the potential of selling your land? We are developing a land inventory of industrial, commercial, and agriculture land that site selectors and developers can access as part of their search process, allowing us to respond quickly to development inquiries. If you are a landowner that would like to register your land for this program, please complete the form or contact our Economic Development Officer for more details.