Business Grant Opportunities
Government Grants & Opportunities
Government of Alberta
- Alberta Jobs Now Program To support employers hiring unemployed Albertans. Eligible Alberta employers can apply for the new grant to help subsidize wages, fund training, or a combination of both to hire a new employee. 2nd Intake open until Dec 31, 2021
- Women's Economic Recovery Challenge Grant - funds initiatives led by Alberta non-profit organizations to support Alberta women and girls to advnace in business, STEM and entrepreneurship.
- Side Hustle Program - Part of the Futurepreneur program, side hustlers may be eligible to up to $15,000 in loan financing to support the launch and growth of their side business
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant helps to cover training expenses for existing employees and new hires, up to $15,000 per trainee, up to 100% of training costs
- Small Business Resources. On this page of the Alberta Government website, explore latest resources & grants available within the Province for small businesses.
- Summary of Current Grants from the Government of Alberta can be found HERE (Oct, 2021):
Other Government Grants
- The Ministry of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women has many grant programs that accept applications through multiple intakes on an annual basis.
Other Business Grants & Opportunities
Co-op Community Spaces
- 2022 Program opens Feb 2022. $1 million to projects in 3 catagories: Recreation, Urban Agriculture and Environmental Conservation. Projects eligible for $25,000 & $50,000 Applications Feb 1 - Mar 1, 2021
- Futurpreneur Canada supports young entrepreneurs (age 18-39) with up to $60,000 in financing, an expert business mentor for up to two years, and resources to help you plan, manage & grow your business
- Business Link Resiliant Recovery Program helps Alberta entrepreneurs get back on their feet and position them to mitigate the effects of future business interruptions with 4 hours of one-on-one coaching
Emissions Reduction Alberta
- Energy Savings for Business: ERA announced up to $55 Million in funding for Alberta Businesses to improve efficiency and reduce emissions
County of Vermilion River Community Grants
- CVR has numerous grants available to community groups. See MORE HERE
CONTACT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT:
Economic Development Officer
(780) 846-2244 Economicdevelopment@county24.com