Business Grant Opportunities
Government of Alberta
- Relaunch Grant with Government of Alberta to help businesses recover. Starting June 29, 2020, eligible small-medium sized business, co-ops and non-profits (under 500 employees) can apply for funding up to $5,000 to they can open their doors and get Albertans back to work.
- Side Hustle Program - Part of the Futurepreneur program, side hustlers may be eligible to up to $15,000 in loan financing to support the launch and growth of their side business
- CIP Project-Based grant with Government of Alberta to provide funding to new community-based programs, initiatives, events and publications. Re-opening for Sept 15, 2020 intake.
Canada Revenue Agency
- CEWS (Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy), Canada Revenue Agency, Period 5 is now open, created to assist businesses affected by COVID -19 to keep workers on their payroll or bringing back previously laid-off employees.
Other Government Grants
- The Ministry of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women has many grant programs that accept applications through multiple intakes on an annual basis.
- Business Scale-up and Productivity By Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) supports high-growth businesses that are scaling up and producing innovative goods, services or technologies. It offers free repayable funding to incorporated businesses that have operated in Western Canada for a minimum of 2 years. Preference to small and medium sized enterprises
Other Business Grants
- Futurpreneur Canada supports young entrepreneurs (age 18-39) with up to $60,000 in financing, an expert business mentor for up to two years, and resources to help you plan, manage & grow your business
- Business Link Resiliant Recovery Program helps Alberta entrepreneurs get back on their feet and position them to mitigate the effects of future business interruptions with 4 hours of one-on-one coaching
- Canada United Small Business Relief funds for small businesses. Up to $5,000 grant to be used in recovery efforts as a result of COVID-19, such as PPE, improved physical space, e-commerce.