Severe storms can happen at any time of the year. They can vary in intensity and duration. Staying tuned to local news stations or channels or even visiting the Environment Canada website
will keep you informed of any storms occurring in your area.
How to prepare:
- Stock up on heating fuel, water and ready to eat food items as well as battery operated or wind-up flashlights and radios.
- Stay sheltered.
- Evacuate when instructed to do so.
- Trim dead branches or cut down dead trees to prevent them falling during a storm.
- If you have to use the phone, don’t use a land-line. Use a cell phone instead.
- If indoors, stay away from windows, doors and fireplaces.
For m ore detailed information on how to prepare for all kinds of severe storms click here.
For more information on severe storms please click here.